Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver for Metex M3890D for Win CE

Hi

we are looking for driver for Metex M3890D to connect with IPAQ hx 4700 running on Win CE

can somebody help.

thanks a lot

best regards

john
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,383 Views)

Just to clarify, you are looking for an instrument driver to run on a PDA and communicate with a desktop/benchtop instrument (the Metex M3890D)?  Have you been able to communicate with the Metex M3890D from a PC?  I notice it has a "RS232C PC interface via USB" - does that mean you have to connect it to your PC via a USB port, but then you use RS232 commands?  The reason I'm asking is because you can use serial compatability VIs on PDA to communicate via the serial port ( Can I Implement Serial Communication With My PDA Device? ), however you cannot use VISA, which is typically required to successfully communicate via USB ports to other devices.  Could you please let us know if you've had any success connecting to the instrument from something other than a PDA?

Thanks,

Logan S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,375 Views)
hi,

yeah we are looking for driver on PDA via which we will be able to communicate with DMM Metex M3890D. We havent tried to communicate with Metex from PC yet. Maybe there would be usefull to know at first, how this Metex is sending measured data via serial /protocol etc./. I havent found any infos about this communication protokol on i-net up to now. Old types of Metex´s are sending measured data in text characters permanently, if button COM on DMM is switched on, but i am not sure if this typy is working on the same principle.

John
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,364 Views)
Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anything, but that's just me.  Anyone else out there worked with this or have a driver that John might be able to use?

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,352 Views)