Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register informatio​n on X series driver for encoder.

Hi All:

I am working on the X series driver development by using MHDDK. After comparing M series and X series I found that there is a Gi_Save_Trace bit in register Gi_Command_Register in M series. When it is set, the register goes into the latched mode after the next clock edge to assure valid data was latched. However, I can't find equivalent register bit in all X series counter registers.

Can anyone tell me what is the equivalent register bit for same function that Gi_Save_Trace does?

Another related question is that: what is the equivalent register bit in X series counter registers for Gi_Alternate_Sync in Gi_Counting_Mode_Register in M series?

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,289 Views)

Hello,

According to the X Series DDK Reference Manual, the Gi_HW_Save_Register and Gi_Save_Register will give you the data in the counter, while it is armed. See page 13-7 for more information about what data is in each register. It appears that the days of having to use Gi_Save_Trace and then reading Gi_Save_Register multiple times are over.

The Gi_HW_Save_Register documentation also details that each counter has its own FIFO that can be used to get the hardware buffered count values.

I hope this helps,

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,257 Views)