Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX Configuration

Iam using a third partY communication card in my CVI application(7.1).The IVI spec driver for this device needs some configuration info( like mask id, channel no. etc).Apparently my class driver( in house built) doesn't have enough attributes and methods to support these settings.With this limitation I am looking towards NIMAX  to parse some of these initial configuartion info thru any of the settings under MAX(3.1.1).If it supports , please send me in detail about the sttings and how do I see those information in spec driver while debugging the code?
I also wanted to know what does the "configurable settings" in "IVI Drivers>>Advanced>>Instrument driver software modules>> <new soft driver name>" under MAX do? How does this setting affect my IVI driver? and How is it useful?
Thanks
Warm regards
Prasad
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(15,412 Views)
Can you clarify a bit on what you are looking to accomplish? Are you trying to add methods to a current IVI driver? or are you trying to develop your own IVI driver? With the advanced palette you can add methods to change properties within this IVI driver.

-Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(15,391 Views)