Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab Drivers for NI PCI 6221 (M Series) card

Hi,
I am working on a project where i need data acquisition. But i am not familiar with the labview software. But i am good with the matlab data acquisition toolkit. So it would be great if anyone can tell me where i can get the matlab drivers for the NI 6221 PCI card.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,338 Views)
Hello venkata83,
The current Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox uses the Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ driver.  Your device (as well as all M Series devices) can only be programmed with NI-DAQmx.  Having said that, you have a couple of options:  1) Some customers have had success using NI-DAQmx with Matlab.  See this thread.  2) Even novice LabVIEW users can easily program their NI Data Acquisition programs without much effort/overhead.  There are tons of data acquisition shipping examples that install automatically with NI-DAQmx.  You can get to those examples in LabVIEW by going to Help>>Find Examples.  Then navigating to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx.  Additionally, here are a couple of links that could help you with LabVIEW and Data Acquisition: 

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy)

Hope some of this helps!

-Alan A.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(10,327 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

Just now found that MATLAB has released new DAQ toolbox version which supports NI-Daq Mx..

Anywayz thank you once again for your help.

Venkat

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,324 Views)
Venkat,
Thanks for the info.  For anyone else interested, the Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox 2.8 now supports NI-DAQmx up to version 7.5.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(10,321 Views)