From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A driver for the 6023 E.

I am trying to put together the following: an NI PCI 6023 card on an Opteron (x86_64 machine) running Linux 2.6.7, and giving its data to Lab View by way of Comedi. I've run into a 64 bit compatibility bug in Comedi that I am fixing, (the COMEDI_DEVCONFIG ioctl) but if I have to make modifications to comedi, knowing that LabView is itself compiled for 32 bit operation, then I have to know what I am doing.

Right now the comedi driver does something to the IRQ handling structure in the Linux kernel. A split second after an ioctl(COMEDI_DEVCONFIG) is called, the kernel goes back to the do_IRQ() function, hence to handle_IRQ_event, finds a task from the hard drive (scsi_io_completion), and in trying to deal with it finds something that causes i
t to go into a kernel panic.

Much as I would like to fix this problem, I am at a loss as to where even to start, and would be much oblgied for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,231 Views)
Your question will be posed to the Comedi mailing group.

Christian L
authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,231 Views)