Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Module should include Pane items as well as Panel items

UI Module doesn’t detect items higher levels than the panel. Example is tab controls or sub panels.

Looks like it would be capable just by adding a property node or two.

this snippet is in a few existing VI’s, this is oversimplified in some cases… but indicates what I am looking for

This is how I think it should be to include elements inside of “panes” which I believe is how Labview refers to tab controls as.

It could probably be modified to include both Panel-->controls and Panel-->Panes-->Controls just by concatenating the result arrays.

cross posted as an issue on Github. Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,173 Views)

This was already added to the Github dev version last week (tabs, not subpanel), so your issue will get rejected.  But thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,910 Views)

and FYI, there is a utility function in vi.lib that will recurse through all tabs.  vi.lib\utility\traverseref.llb

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,910 Views)

Any idea when this will be updated VIPM?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,910 Views)

I'm currently in that code, updating it to use the new Table API, and generally refactoring the guts of the editor UI.  Not before the end of the week, not later than end of the year.  If there is a pressing need, I might be able to shift priorities to get it done sooner.

If you like, it was two small edits that did it.  You can pull down the source and build the VIP right now if you need it sooner.

Repo:

https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/UIModules

Commit containing changes:

https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/UIModules/commit/98ab2d4540bb751b76ae4d8958df239728d59234

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,910 Views)

Thanks, that was the push in the right direction.

I can limp along with the source from gitbub and a built vip. No need to shift priorities.

Message 6 of 12
(7,910 Views)

It seems there is an issue with the GitHub version that faults the module.

The version published on VIPM does not do this.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,910 Views)

How exciting!  I'll look into this in the next few days (I'm in the middle of making some other edits, it's quite possible I broke the Github version in the process).

For the in development code on Github, the bar I have for check-in is that the run arrow is clean.  For publication to VIPM, we go through more testing to verify that the code works on targets, which today are manual tests.  We're working on getting more continuous integration tests in place, but we're still climbing up that curve.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,910 Views)

Added as issue 11 on the Github repo.

https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/UIModules/issues/11

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,910 Views)

Found the error.

Remove the second close reference from the "resolve control references.vi"

Its closing the Vi Ref that the engine open needs to run, causing the 1026 error.

Message 10 of 12
(7,910 Views)