Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived: Installation and Getting Started with DCAF

Hello everyone !

I'm new guy here and I have trouble with open RT Temperature Controller. When I launch Standard Configuration Editor: first (but not so important) it take so much time to find all necessary files, about 15 minutes. Quite long I think. Is there any way to make it faster?

And second much important: when it finish search all files I've got this error:

Przechwytywanie.PNG

When I click continue, Labview disappear, the icon on toolbar shows that labview is running but it doesn't show up. I have to force close by task manager. i will be grateful for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(4,488 Views)

Hi gbak93,

Can you make sure that the VI

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\NI\DCAF\Tag Editor Core\Standard Editor\Configuration Utility.vi

exists on your computer?

Can you also check your VI Package Manager to make sure that DCAF Core is installed correctly?

It should look like this:

Capture.PNG

The icon on the left indicates that it is installed.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(4,475 Views)

Thanks johnboydni for reply !

The Configuration Utility.vi exists and is located in the correct path.

Also DCAF Core is installed correctly. 

Przechwytywanie.PNG

I try to open Configuration Utillity.vi directly and searching libs was much faster and DCAF Editor open with no error. But will it work properly if I don't open it by Tools - DCAF - Launch Standard Configuration Editor ? 

EDIT:

Something is wrong. I try to open RT Temperature Controller doing step by step with Quick Start Guide and I've stopped in second point

Spoiler
2. Navigate within the editor to Tools>>Edit Plugin Search Paths.

Problem is that I do not have "Edit Plugin Seach Paths" on my Tools... Screen below:

Bez tytułu.png

Do I miss something?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(4,465 Views)

The option is not present in the Tools menu that you are seeing because the configuration utility is not running.  When it runs, it replaces the LabVIEW editor's menus with the configuration editor's menus.

To find out why it is not runnable, click the broken Run arrow.  you should see a list of errors there.  Fix those (or post here with what is broken), and you'll be able to run the configuration editor.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(4,423 Views)

Hi All

I was looking at using DCAF for a project and I am having an issue getting the example project to run.

I have navigated through all of the broken arrows and have found that the data structure coming from 'tag bus.lvlib:data dictionary.lvclass:read full data dictionary.vi' doesn't match the unbundle's in 'CVT runtime.lvclass:create index groupings.vi'

Cheers

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(4,324 Views)

Hi Tim!

can you let us know which versions of the packages you have installed?  A screenshot of VIPM, filter by installed, filter by DCAF usually does the trick.

We released a new set of packages last week - make sure you have the latest of all of the DCAF packages.  

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(4,319 Views)

Error 1 occurred at Enqueue Element in Progress Bar.lvlib:Set Action Text.vi->Standard Editor.lvlib:Configuration Utility.vi

I'm trying to install DCAF for LabVIEW 2016 and I get the following error when starting the configuration editor.

I installed the core DCAF with VIPM-- it's version 1.2.0.4

Strangely, no files are in "vi.lib/NI/DCAF core" except a license fiel and jenkins file. Everything seems to be in folders inside the vi.lib/NI/ directory.

I tried changing the search module search path to no avail. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(4,274 Views)

Hi Mark,

DCAF Core should be empty, that package is mostly a pointer to all the dependencies for the system, by installing it, that will install the basic DCAF modules, examples and the editor. The main files are at : \vi.lib\NI\DCAF\Tag Editor Core\

After you get the error does will it work after that or it stops? If you can edit the paths, that means the editor is working, and the problem is with the loading screen (with the progress bar) but the rest of the system should work.

The search paths you should have are C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\NI\DCAF and C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\examples\DCAF Examples

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(4,270 Views)

Hi Benjamin, I uninstalled everything and changed VIPM 2016 to VIPM 2017. I reinstalled DCAF core and after that I no longer got the error when running the configuration editor. So I have no idea what went wrong but I'm up and running now. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(4,254 Views)

Hi

I am having trouble install DCAF Tag Editor.

Would you might give me some advice?

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day.

DCAF.PNG

Here is the error message

DCAF02.PNG

And Here is the VIPM version

DCAF03.PNG

I have try uninstalled everything on VIPM, and install DCAF Core again.

But still have same problem.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you so much.

Eva Chen

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(3,168 Views)