From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Discusiones sobre Productos NI

cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

scopech0 daqmx channel

Hi,

I want to acquire the signal from the oscilloscope of an ELVIS II+, therefore I am using the scopeCh0 physical channel. I have troubles using the daqmx blocks. I tried to configure the channel as an analog input, but I am getting an error about an offset, that does not have sense to me. Can anyone help me with an example or ideas? Use the DAQ assistant is not an option. Thanks.

0 kudos
Mensaje 1 de 5
4.564 Vistas

Hello AnaNavarro,

Did this error appear if you use the NI ELVISmx soft front panels?

NI ELVISmx 14.0 for NI LabVIEW 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-elvismx-14.0/4801/en/

Additional info:

Getting Started Guide for NI ELVIS II/II+:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14502/en/

Let me know your comments, regards.

David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 kudos
Mensaje 2 de 5
4.548 Vistas

Hi Ana.. .

You don't need to use the DAQmx blocks. 

Although the ELVIS does have a DAQ board inside of it, the driver allows you to use the NI ELVISmx Osciloscope in LabVIEW without all the configuring you would need in DAQmx.

I would suggeset you use the express VI to obtain the measurement;

Capture.JPG

if you do so, you will get the following screen, shere you will ber able to adjunst the range, sample rate, triggering, rate and in the advanced configuration tab you can also add a vertical offset.

Capture2.JPG

Hope this helps

Greetings

0 kudos
Mensaje 3 de 5
4.544 Vistas

Hi, thanks for the help.

The NI ELVISmx oscilloscope  works great. But I really would like to configure the channel using the DAQmx blocks, because I do not need all the functions available in the NI ELVISmx, I just need to acquire the data from the bnc oscilloscope. I read in the ELVIS manual that the timing block have to be setup with finite samples and that the physical channel of the bnc oscilloscope in the ELVIS II+ is scopeCh0, but I can not configure correctly the channel. Here is a printscreen of my block diagram and the error that I am getting. Thanks for the help.

0 kudos
Mensaje 4 de 5
4.532 Vistas

The reason is for this error is system language, more precisely, the customize format of your system. You have to choose Decimal symbol as dot (.).

0 kudos
Mensaje 5 de 5
2.672 Vistas