Discusiones sobre Productos NI

cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

Waveform chart shows 0 values always

Hi everybody!! I'm here againg asking for some help! Thanks in advance!

My problem should be a silly issue, but I cant solve it by myself 😞

The point is that I have three waveform chart showing X Y Z coordinates each from multiple objects, in time measured by images frames. Before transfer the data to the waveform charts I set one color for one object in all the waveform charts through the properties active plot and the plot Color.

Later I give al the data to the waverform chart, and the problem is that always draws one black color (i think by default color) with 0 values in addition to the coordinates it has to draw.

I try to reshape the array of the coordinates in order to avoid older values, but it does not work.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!!

0 kudos
Mensaje 1 de 8
3.378 Vistas

Hi MagneticTweeze!!

Could you attach the VI?

Thanks!

Applications Engineer - Certified LabVIEW Developer & Certified TestStand Developer
0 kudos
Mensaje 2 de 8
3.368 Vistas

Here is the vi, it is a small piece in a huge application so i will explain a little bit how it works:

The TrackImages queue provides images which are processed until a number of frames given. For each image there is an array of objects (Dna beads) which need to be analysed, that is the Track vi function. This function returns a list of X , Y , Z positions, each list stored in a reshaped array, I mean from the track function you get an array with no empty values.

Due to I want to show the data for different objects in time, I transfer the data to the waveform chart through a cluster, using Array to cluster vi. The cluster created contains 9 objects, usually I don't have so many objects to analyse, so the result is that exist Empty values in this cluster and I think this could be the reason to see 0 values in the Chart. But I don't know why it adds empty values if the array has less values.

I also attach a screen of the vi because I think just attaching the specific vi could be imposible to load it, and I cannot upload the whole app.

Thanks in advance!!

Descargar todos
0 kudos
Mensaje 3 de 8
3.366 Vistas

Hi MagneticTweeze!!

I will need to see the VI called TrackAlgor.vi. Also, you could try to put indicators just before and after the array to cluster and tell us the results.

Also, have you tried to expand the Plot Legend and disable the plot that is giving wrong data? Which plot is it? Have you seen the sizes in the colors array and the data arrays?

Regards!!

Applications Engineer - Certified LabVIEW Developer & Certified TestStand Developer
0 kudos
Mensaje 4 de 8
3.362 Vistas

Thanks Jorge,

Track Algor.vi returns 3 arrays with no empty values, because It makes a reshape array with the number of elements given. The number of colors is rigth as well.

After the array to cluster function the array does not have empty objects but the cluster created has 8 items, is there any way to set up the number of plots of a waveform with programming?

Disabling the plots i think is not proper because the number of objects to represent is dinamic, so it will change in the diferents executions.

I think we may speak in spanish?

0 kudos
Mensaje 5 de 8
3.359 Vistas

The problem is probably the cluster to array size, have you checked it?

0 kudos
Mensaje 6 de 8
3.354 Vistas

You are right, but how can I solve this problem dinamicly? As I told you the number of items in the array/cluster changes.

0 kudos
Mensaje 7 de 8
3.352 Vistas

Hola!

He visto que un compañero mío (Dimas) te ha enviado un ejemplo. Si no te sirve, nos lo dices y buscamos otra solución. Por cierto, perdón, que no había visto lo de hablar en español.

Un saludo!!

0 kudos
Mensaje 8 de 8
3.348 Vistas