LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI OPC with another client

Hi,

I would like to use NI OPC Server with Matlab but there is a license error when I try to use NI OPC from Simulink. Could anyone help me with this?

Do I need an extra license or what is the problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,936 Views)

Hi jdruano

In specific, what code error do you received? Are your licenses activate? you can check the licensing state in the NI License Manager (Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI License Manager).  Here I let you a link that describes the expected behavior of NI OPC Servers depending on the version and licensing state. How Is NI OPC Servers Licensed?

Also we created the Simulation Interface Toolkit (SIT). SIT allows you to run .mdl files on PCs and our real time controllers, and to interface with it in LabVIEW. For more information please take a look at the following links: 
NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit
Building a LabVIEW User Interface for a Simulink® Model with LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit

Or you could try to write in some sort of communication protocol into your MATLAB® code and read it in LabVIEW: 
Connecting LabVIEW to 3rd Party Software Packages

And finally you could use our Control Design and Simulation module to build the model in LabVIEW itself: 
What is the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module

If you have another question or if the problem isn't solved, let me know.

Brenda Vargas

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,870 Views)

In the licensing article linked above it lists the clients you can use as OPC I/O Server in LabVIEW, DataSockets, NI Lookout, NI OPC Quick Client. I don't know exactly what you are trying to do or what the error is but I would imagine that is the problem.

If you happpen to have the DSC Module, you can create an I/O Server in the shared variable engine and try using that as a repeater.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,783 Views)