Discusiones sobre Productos NI

cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

MAX closes when i'm creating tasks and reports an unexpected failure

hi, im working with MAX 4.70f4 and with DAQ NI PCI 6221,  when i'm creating tasks in the adquisition card already mentioned MAX closes and reports an unexpected failure that closes MAX. this failure is not in the frecuently failures list(see http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/MAXKnownException). the next pic is the failure report and the content of the first file is attached. 

unexpected error

thanks for help.

.:. Pedro Rivera .:.
i love to work and develop on labview, this is real fun!!!
Photobucket
0 kudos
Mensaje 1 de 5
2.900 Vistas

Hi pedrorivera,

First of all I would like to ask you some questions regarding this issue. ¿Can you perform other operations in MAX without getting this error? ¿This happens every time you use MAX or just when you use this PCI DAQ device? ¿Have you tried a different DAQ Device? ¿Was this device working properly before or is this the first time you try to use it? ¿What NI software versions do you have installed? All this information will help me narrow down the problem.

Thanks,

Hector Rojas

0 kudos
Mensaje 2 de 5
2.896 Vistas

max works with another windows xp service pack 3 session, and let me use and create tasks in the adquisition card, i can perform auto test and auto calibration, see device pinouts but dont generate tasks in this session, i have labview 8.6 and ni-daqmx 9. im starting to configure the card adquisition, and, how can u use an pci daq device without use Max or daq assistent VI?

thanks for help

Photobucket
0 kudos
Mensaje 3 de 5
2.892 Vistas

Hi pedrorivera,

Software compatibility doesn't seem to be the problem. Have you tried this PCI DAQ card on a different PC? Have you tried this PCI cad on a different PCI slot? Perhaps MAX database is corrupt and you need to fix that. The other way you can use your DAQ device is through the DAQmx API available in the Functions Palette in LabVIEW. In the following link, you can find a tutorial on how to use this DAQmx functions with your DAQ device.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2835

I suggest you try this first and, depending on your answers and results, we could try to remove MAX Databse Corruption. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hector Rojas

0 kudos
Mensaje 4 de 5
2.887 Vistas

thanks hector, i'll try, well, i have two sesions in the same computer, one for my thesis group and other to public use and other thesist, so my sesion is the manager sesion and have all the computer visibility. i installed labview and max in my sesion first and after that, i installed again max in the other sesion because at the first installation max did'nt appeared installed at the public sesion. my sesion boots with the default hard drive and the other boots with the sencondary and the public session is not allowed to use my hard disk.

thanks for helping me.

Pedro Rivera

Photobucket
0 kudos
Mensaje 5 de 5
2.838 Vistas