Discusiones sobre Productos NI

cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

How can I move a motor with my DAQ 6008

Hi friends, Im new in all this stuff of Labview and DAQs, but im in this project that i need to finish but im stuck in it. Really hope you can help me out.

With labview and my 6008 DAQ i can put on the move a 5v servo, but now i have this 12V DC motor, i have also the battery for move it, but how can i plug them to my DAQ without over charged it  and so i can move my 12v motor.

Im stuck in this step please help me!

Best regards.

Benjamin.

0 kudos
Mensaje 1 de 2
2.781 Vistas

If you simply want to tunr the motor on and off you can use a 5V DC relay that fits in 6008 output power and use it to connect the motor to the battery.

If on the other side you want to supply the motor with a proportional voltage / current to drive it at variable speed you need an additional driver that accepts an analog input reference and transforms it in the proper driving signal to the motor. This kind of components are very dependent on the type of motor to supply, the type of reaction -if any- to control the motor and so on, so it's not so easy to give you a selection guide on it; nevertheless, motor constructor either builds drivers too or at least can give you informations on proper drivers to use on his units.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
2.771 Vistas