From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Discusiones sobre Productos NI

cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

Comportamiento extraño con el módulo 9205

¡Resuelto!
Ir a solución

Hola:

Paso esta consulta al foro en español:

Tengo 6 señales AC 0-5V.  Tres son señales flotantes y las otras 3 están referenciadas y comparten la misma tierra.

Las 6 las tengo conectadas para lectura diferencial en el módulo 9205.

Las señales flotantes están alternadas con las referenciadas a tierra (ver esquema).

Si conecto el grupo empezando con una señal flotante, luego la referenciada y así sucesivamente, todo parece funcionar bien.

Si conecto el grupo empezando con una señal referenciada, luego la flotante y así sucesivamente, las señales flotantes se saturan y las referenciadas continuan aparentemente bien.

Por qué sucede esto?

Puedo confiar en la configuración en la que todo parece funcionar bien?  Esto no lo he podido aclarar en las respuestas de los foros ni en los manuales y documentos de NI.

De antemano muchas gracias

Alberto

0 kudos
Mensaje 1 de 7
3.270 Vistas

Hola,

La segunda configuración no funciona porque aiSense pin que se usa para NRSE mediciones. Este artículo puede ayudarle a entender cómo hacer mediciones de una gran variedad de tipos de señales, principalmente Tabla 1: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3344/en

The second configuration does not work because AISENSE pin it's used to NRSE measurements. This article can help you to understand how to make measurements of a variety of kinds of signals, mainly Table 1: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3344/en

Saludos,

Ricardo Ramos
Account Manager
+5511989658513 | ni.com

0 kudos
Mensaje 2 de 7
3.233 Vistas

Hello Ricardo,

I am a little confused.  In pag. 16, Fig 8 of  the 9205 User Guide is recommended to connect in NRSE configuration one leg to AISENSE and this to COM.

Please observe that the only difference between Configuration 1 and 2 is the order of signals, not the connection to COM or AISENSE.  If the signal connected to AI0-AI8 is a floating one all readings are OK.  I do not understand this.

0 kudos
Mensaje 3 de 7
3.229 Vistas

Hi,

This confusion was generated due the connection diagram of 9205 User Guide is simplified and it does not show the BIAS resistor. You can follow the recommendations of the link that I sent previously.

I don't know to tell to you how this small difference between the configurations influences in this saturation. But certainly none of these measurements is trusted. 

Follow the recommendations of the article and don't forget to ground your DAQ system.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Ricardo Ramos
Account Manager
+5511989658513 | ni.com

0 kudos
Mensaje 4 de 7
3.218 Vistas

I will follow your recomendations and informe you about the results.

Many thanks

Alberto

0 kudos
Mensaje 5 de 7
3.213 Vistas

Hi Ricardo:

a short question regarding grounding DAQ.

If I connect the cDAQ chasis to ground, I am not building a ground loop between the grounded signals, COM of 9205 and cDAQ-ground?

best regards

0 kudos
Mensaje 6 de 7
3.206 Vistas
Solución
Aceptado por anca

Hello,

No, because if you note the connection diagrams in Table 1. Analog Input Connections of the Field Wiring and Noise Considerations for Analog Signals Article, you will see that grounded sensor aren't connected into COM pin, only AISENSE for NRSE and AI(-) for Differencial. Furthermore, also note that there are two references: one is the ground which sensor is connected and you should connect cDAQ chassis; the other is the reference of the NI 9205 Module. The common ground of the NI 9205 is isolated from cDAQ chassis.

Regards,

Ricardo Ramos
Account Manager
+5511989658513 | ni.com

0 kudos
Mensaje 7 de 7
3.199 Vistas