Discusiones sobre Productos NI

cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

Communication between PC and Spectrum E4402B trough GPIB port

Hello, I'm developing a program which let use the Spectrum Analyzer E4402B with labview in order to do some measures, so at first I connected the GPIB card into my PC and I estlablished a communication with a Multimeter Hewlett Packard successfully using a example from the Labview help, and I tough everithing was ready to start to do the same with the Spectrum Analyzer

Unfortunately, appereed a message of error (attached as image), where was displayed the legend of "no listeners on GPIB", so I double check the conection, but not problem,  I review several information about and according with that it is possible I missied something.

I hope hear some comments from you.

Thanks in advance!!

Albert

0 kudos
Mensaje 1 de 4
3.311 Vistas

Hi Jualbert!

The following page includes a description for this error and some posible solutions:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2FA525A8585A92E9862566EE002A3755#ENOL

According to it, the adress of you device might not be the correct one or the device you are using needs to be powered by an external source.

Please check the document and try to plug your device to the GPIB, after that go to MAX and right-click the interface and select scan for instruments. Are you able to see the instrument?

You can also try to comunnicate with it directly from MAX usign the same command *IDN?

Please check this and let me know how it goes.

Have a great day!!!

0 kudos
Mensaje 2 de 4
3.303 Vistas

Hello, thanks for docuemnt it was helpful. I have a question about the communication, I check the example of the labview 8.5 and I created this code (attachment). After send this command, on Spectrum Analyzer Screen appeared two letters "R L" and I dont have access to the front key panel on the device until I press the button System twice and then I press the button Mode setup and enable the option "Enable all measurements" is there any exmple of labiew whichi close the VISA resurce, apparently this code doesn't do that.

Thanks in advance!!

Albert

0 kudos
Mensaje 3 de 4
3.298 Vistas

Hello again, I almost finished my code about GPIB communication, but I have a doubt, do you know how I can use GPIB and serial port at the same time? Because in my code VISA return a error when I try to do that.

Thanks in advance!!

Albert

0 kudos
Mensaje 4 de 4
3.280 Vistas