Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4071 card giving error 200020 on self test

Hi guys i got a problem with my PXI4071 card.When i run self test on MAX, it returns error code 200020.what that means...Is my card is damaged or some thing else?

SS_Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,697 Views)

That's a pretty generic error: 

// "Self test of the device has failed "

"Self test of the device has failed "

Let's try to gather more information:

Can you tell us more about the card? Can you use it from the Soft Front Panel? From LabVIEW? Or is it totally unusable?

Do you have other NI hardware on this system? What do you have? Is it functional?

Can you simulate a PXI-4071? Does it self-test and work properly?

Thanks!

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(10,694 Views)

Hi Marcos,

I am having similar issues with the PXI-4070. After I run my test program from Labview and watch it run through niDMM Close.vi with Highlight turned on, the card is no longer available in MAX or the Soft Front Panel. When I click on self-test I get the same issue reported earlier.

Soft Front Panel doesn't work saying the device is in use by another process or calibration session is open.

LabVIEW works.

I have a PXIe-1065 chassis with the following cards:

* PXI-8513

* PXI-5402

* PXI-4070 (qty 2)

* PXI-6251

* PXI-8432/2

* PXI-2564 (qty 2)

Once I close down LV 2009 SP1, the device works properly. Am I missing something? Or does LV not close out the session properly?

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Henry

error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,403 Views)

Hello Henrytran,

To better answer your questions, what NI DMM version are you using? To eliminate a problem stemming from your VI, does this error occur when you run one of the NI DMM shipping examples? Please verify. These examples can be found by navigating to your Windows Start>All Programs>National Instruments>NI-DMM>Examples>Select your LabVIEW Version.

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(10,386 Views)

Sorry, the problem was within my VI and auto-indexing was passing the wrong values. Therefore, whenever I tried to access the DMM again with the shipped examples or the soft front panel, I didn't properly release the session within the VI.

Thanks for the help anyways.

Henry

Message 5 of 8
(10,376 Views)

Hello,

I have faced the attached error. Please help me to resolve the same.

NI DMM Version 2.7.2

Fuse verified.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(9,215 Views)

Hi MaheshAIS,

It may be worth attempting to replace the fuse anyway since it is not a very expensive replacement. Please see Appendix C is this document for instructions, along with this Knowledgebase for fuse purchasing information. If this does not work could you provide the following information so that we can better troubleshoot the issue:

-Do you get this issue in MAX, in the Soft Front Panel, and/or in LabVIEW?

-What Chassis are you using? Are you able to use other cards in that Chassis?

-Can you simulate a PXI-4071? Does it self-test and work properly?

Best,

Jason M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(9,196 Views)

Hi MaheshAIS,

Can you try opening Soft Front Panels and see what error is reported back then?  Also, does this error always occur when performing self test?  Are you able to temporarily fix it by rebooting?  I would also try updating your driver if you are able to.

Thanks!

Brandon G

National Instruments
Precision DC Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(9,181 Views)