Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4071 1073356801 error

I have a PXI-4071 in a 1042 chassis with a PXI-8106 controller, and my DMM is having some issues.

I'm running LabVIEW 2015 w/ NI-DMM version 15.0.  Using the DMM soft panel, the voltage on the DMM reads about -0.541 VDC with no test leads hook up.  When I switch to resistance I get a constant -0.525 MOhm... which is very strange, and doesn't seem like good news.

Even more strange, the self-test passes fine, and the self-calibration says passes with the following message "The device was calibrated successfully. Status Code: 1073356801  Error code could not be found. Reinstalling the driver might fix the issue. Otherwise contact National Instruments technical support."

The LabVIEW install is brand new, and has all the updates, Windows has all the latest updates as well.  I have a PXI-4065 in the same chassis and it works fine. I've tried swapping PXI slots with the PXI-4071, but I still have the same issue.  Unfortunately I don't have another chassis to test the 4071 in.  I checked the removable fuse and it seems like it's good, but that's the only other testing I've done so far. Anyone have any ideas?  I did look up the error but it says it's an error for a PXI switch device, not a DMM.

IVI Switch Error Codes

Error Code Hexadecimal Code Description
1073356801 0x3FFA2001 Some connections remain after disconnecting.

Thanks

-Tim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,768 Views)

Hello Tim,

Per the IVI specification, error codes are not necessarilly unique across different IVI-based drivers. So the same value may mean one thing in NI-SWITCH and another in NI-DMM. In your case:

1073356801 0x3FFA2001 NIDMM_WARN_OVERRANGE

The message you are getting from the driver is defnitely not very helpful. But the fact that self-calibration is saying that does not bode well. It appears you have some bad hardware. You should get in contact with NI about repair.

Good luck!

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,762 Views)

Marcos - Thanks for the reply, I was hoping there could be a few other things I could test, but I will probably just return it unless the repairs from NI are priced within reason.  From a hobbiest's perspective, it would be nice to have access to better troubleshooting information, and would probably open up the market  a bit for used NI gear.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,733 Views)