Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 4060 "unknown device" but correct drivers loaded - probably broken card?

Solved!
Go to solution

This is probably more general than just DMMs, but - I have the correct driver loaded for my PXI 4060 DMM.  Windows gives the yellow unknown device warning, but shows the PCI ID info (VEN_1093, etc.) and NI-DMM can't find it.  I have tried NI-DMM 3.0.4 and NI-DMM 14.  I have a PXI 4065 which works correctly.  So this is a card problem, not  a driver problem.  The questions are: 1) will a dead card still respond to the PCI ID request function and show the vendor and device ID?  2) is there any other diagnosing I can do to figure out if the card is salvageable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,464 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yafoteer

yafoteer,

What OS version and bitness are you using? The PXI-4060 is end-of-life and is not supported on Windows Vista or newer Windows OSes. The device OS support list for NI-DMM 14.0 may be found in the readme.

Did your PXI-4060 ever work? The yellow unknown device warning generally indicates a driver installation issue. While it is unusual for DMMs to break, it does happen, but let's rule out an unsupported OS first.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,455 Views)

Call me Captain Obvious.  Well, I searched around but never found the end-of-life and OS issue.  I dug out the XP-driven legacy system and installed the card - perfect.  But it's broken in the new Win 7 system.  So even though the drivers are there, the OS is the problem.  Time for another upgrade.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,444 Views)