C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\bin
c:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\Bin\;
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;
C:\Program Files\Atmel\Atmel Studio 6.2\atbackend;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Atmel Studio 6.2\atbackend;
C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\Bin

Tom noticed this: It appears that the path for the IVI bin folder is missing the separator semicolon. Go ahead and add it and try again. Let us know if that did it.

It would be good to know how your system got into such state. Do you know if anyone messed with the PATH environment variable manually and may have inadvertently erased the semicolon? It's a little suspicious that the next directory uses a lowercase c:\, which probably means it wasn't put there by an installer...

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,660 Views)

#4 is partly correct, let me clarify:

In LabVIEW, if you open a VI referencing either DLL, LabVIEW cannot find it, prompts you to locate it, and after that everything works as expected the VI loads.  However, the "device name" front panel drop-down menu control on the VI does not auto-populate with the device names in MAX (with either of an NI-DCPower device or an NI-DMM device).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,660 Views)

Hi, I work with Andrew.

Yes, I updated the path variable and could be to blame for that part of it.  But even with that corrected LabVIEW doesnt' want to find nidcpower_32.dll on its own.  Each time i open something that uses it I get the dialog to help it find the file.  And I have confirmed that it is indeed in the location the PATH variable should be specifying.

Does LabVIEW something equivelant to TestStand's "search directories" that controls what paths it is supposed to use?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,647 Views)

Problem Solved.  Windows is stupid.  It seems it has trouble with whitespace in the Path variable.

When I modified the path string I brought it up in an editor....split based on ";" to see each path line by line.....made my addition...then joined the lines back toghether.

In joinging the lines together it left a space at the end of each path before the next c:\.  Like '*****\bin\; C:\***"

removing the spaces fixes the problem.

Crazy.

Sorry for the distraction..thanks for the help.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,637 Views)