From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Measure Function from Keithley SMU 2602

Need expert advise: I need to retrieve Keithley's Measure Function (which could only be Current or Voltage) by polling the instrument.

Usually it is done with a command similar to this: smua.command.

However I checked the reference guide and there is no such a command to get this info.

Any clues?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,032 Views)

You've posted to a board for NI DMM's - not a place for instrument specific questions. For this sort of question, you should be asking Keithley if you can't find the answer yourself in the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,010 Views)

No idea why you would ask this in a NI forum instead of the keithley one.

Try:

print(smua.source.func)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,000 Views)

The forum is for NI DMMs and _Precision DC Sources_, which is the Keithley SMU. I've asked Keithley but have not gotted the response yet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,991 Views)

@cymrieg wrote:

No idea why you would ask this in a NI forum instead of the keithley one.

See above.

Try:

print(smua.source.func)

This command prints the source function, not the measure function.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,988 Views)

No. It says 'Additional NI Product Boards'. A Keithley is not an NI Product.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,986 Views)

When I don't understand a particular device's syntax, I'll take a look at the LabVIEW instrument driver, if it exists (2602 located here), and see what they're doing.  Of course, a lot of these APIs just call into a DLL, but usually there's some helpful knowledge in the code.  Then you can just port the call over to an equivalent text-based syntax.  Hope this helps.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,978 Views)