Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4143 Loop Back

Hi there,

am performing Loop back test between2 channels of same SMU 4143 card, am not able achieve this can you please help me out to solve this issue.

Attached the code for your reference (LV 2013).

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,721 Views)

Hi kitti007,

You should be able to perform a loopback test between two channels of a 4143 SMU.  All channels of the 4143 can simultaneously output setpoints as well as return both current and voltage measurements.

If you are performing a loopback test between two channels you will need to program one channel to output the value that you're looping back and program the other channel to take a reading.  In your code you have programmed the first channel channel to output 1 V.  Since you are not programming the second channel at all, when you call niDCPower Initiate you are telling the device to output 0 V (the default stae).  You will need to program the second device to operate similarly to a DMM which is described in the articles below:

Using and SMU as a DMM to take Voltage Measurements
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8D0FD1E2784DB2E2862578FE00618D13

Using an SMU as a DMM to take Current Measurements
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/505C374107918E9D862578FE006F1F13

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,707 Views)

Hi Jared,

Is continuous square wave generation possible with HSDIO 6556. My ultimate goal is to check HSDIO frequency. I tried with finite samples to measure the frequency but I m unable to capture on the scope. Please help me on this.

Thanks

Rathan

Rathan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,675 Views)

Rathan,

This is the DMM and Precision DC Sources board. For HSDIO-related questions, in the future, please use the Digital I/O board, and start a new topic for unrelated questions. That is more likely to get you a faster and better response.

That said, you are able to continuously generate a square wave on the PXIe-6556. The Continous Generation - Stream From Memory.vi example (or the equivalent C example) should show you how to perform a continuous generation.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,666 Views)