Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will there C++ based 64 bit support for the pci1424?

Our company is looking into upgrading our computers from xp to win7 and we are hoping to go with 64bit.  We currently use the PCI-1424, when I try to take an image I get a message which states that the 1424 is a 32bit device and if I want to use it I must reduce the amount of system memory.  After looking into this on the NI website it seems that NI has 64bit support for other cards with firmware upgrades.  Will the 1424 have similar future support or should we just go with a 32bit operating system?

Ryan Yaniga

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,011 Views)

What version of NI IMAQ software are you using?  Your card will need to be rev G or later for it to work in a 64 bit pci slot. The revision should be on the card someplace. The last letter of the part number usually refers to the revision as well. The following link explains this a little more.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/3B60C134020D0A0786256F4800004305

Regards,

Isaac S.

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,992 Views)

It does not seem that I am having a problem with the card itself.  Using MAX I can take an image just fine.  When I try to use our custom software, that is when I have the problem.  Looking at all of the info NI has up (http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//vision/Vision%20Acquisition%20Software/August%202012/VisionA...), it seems that there is support for the 1424 in both MAX and LabView but not C++.  There is however firmware support for the for the 1427.  My question really is will there be future firmware support for the 1424 as well, so custom C++ applications can use the 1424 with a 64bit OS with more than 3GB of RAM?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,986 Views)

After speaking with the product support engineer for our frame grabbers, it seems this support is currently being pursued and is aiming to be released around the next NI Week 2013.

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,971 Views)