From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the digital output drop to 0

Hi,

i have this circuit to control the direction of brushless dc motor
to remove the brake the brake should connected to Black and this happen after i give D0 and D3 high and this one work fine
to move back same we have to connect brake + back + black then D0+D1+D3+D4should high and this one work fine
when i want to move Forward should BRAKE+BACK +FRW+BLACK then the 6 pins should be high , but in this situation all the pins is low
any suggestion ?
the module i have 9403 and cdaq 9188
circuit.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,623 Views)

How much current do you need for those optocouplers?  If any more than 10mA, then this actually makes sense.

The 9403 has an overcurrent protection in it.  When you reach a certain total output current (spec claims 64mA), then the OCP kicks in an turns all of the outputs to high impedance.  I would recommend finding some digital buffers that can supply more current for you optocouplers.  I frequency use the 74ACT245SC.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,612 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,610 Views)

so 64ma is per channal ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,607 Views)

@Eng.Tareq wrote:

so 64ma is per channal ?

No, 64mA total.  Yeah, you definately need to find a buffer that can handle some current.  That optocoupler could need 50mA for the control.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,604 Views)

But how can i run until 4 PHOTOCOUPLER ? if i put 5 or 6 it go to over current state ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,601 Views)

@Eng.Tareq wrote:

But how can i run until 4 PHOTOCOUPLER ? if i put 5 or 6 it go to over current state ?

That 50mA is a maximum.  From the data sheet, it looked like 20mA was a typical.  It didn't have a spec for minimum current.  But running 4 might just be doable (assuming no more than 16mA per optocoupler) and then a fifth causes the OCP in the DIO module.

Again, put in a digital buffer that can handle the current to control those optocouplers.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,598 Views)