Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strobed words as digital output (PCIe-6323 -> BNC 2090a)

Hello forum,

first time post from a very inexperienced user (SOS help!)

I am trying to send digital strobed words as output from PCIe-6323 via BNC-2090a to another aquisition system (Plexon OmniPlex). Omniplex is expecting up to 15 bits for strobed data, although I won't need nearly that many.

Could someone advise me (in a very basic way (ELI5)) where (which terminals) to connect the bare wire end of the OmniPlex cable to the spring terminal block of the BNC-2090a and if there is anything further that I have to do to configure things in NI MAX.

happy to hear any feedback or nudges in the right direction.

cheers!

maybe this will help? OmniPlex Digital Input

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,503 Views)

Hi, 

You will need a BNC connector to connect your BNC-2090a to your OmniPlex acquisition system. You can connect your BNC connector to the USER1 or USER2 BNC input to get the output from your DAQ card. You can find the manual for the BNC-2090a for more information here: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/bnc-2090a-feature/resource/372101a.pdf under the "Connecting Digital Signals".

Your USER1 and USER2 inputs are internally wired to your digital outputs. I hope this helps!

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,474 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I suppose my confusion is that I am not connecting a BNC cable, rather the ends of a bare wire cable provided by OmniPlex. If I would like to strobe words across 16 data bits, I guess I'd use port0 lines 0:15 all set as output? With this type of cable though, does it matter which positions i use for this on the spring terminal?...I guess I'd use P0 0:7 and PFI 1:8? When using a cable like this, I assume I connect a ground as well?  

or is the BNC-2090a not a good use use for this?

thanks in advance, Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,467 Views)

Hello, 

You can always wrap your bare wire cable to the BNC input on your BNC-2090a. As mentioned in the above post, you would connect your bare wire cable to the USER1 or USER2 inputs. Those lines are connected to one digital output line. You would then send one bit at a time serially until you have sent your 15 bits. 

You can look at page 7 of the manual I posted above for clarification.

Best Regards

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,452 Views)