Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selftest

I am trying to run the selftest on the NI6514 DIO module in Visual Studio C# using the.NET interface for the NationalInstruments.DAQmx. When I looked at the prototype it shows:

void selftest();

So there seems to be no way to get the test results back form the self test call. I looked at the equivalent C function call template and it is expecting an integer to be returned.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,024 Views)

Hello KLP

I guess you are refering to the information on this KB

http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/webPreview/124D580AE300335E86256FDD006CE798?OpenDocument

There is no reason  for this to be interpreted as a bug, it is possible that the functions where just implemented in a different way in each case. But I see your point, it doesn't make too much sense to be able to perform a self test without been able to check the results of it.

Wen R

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,986 Views)
Can you repost the link and not use a private ae one?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,982 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,967 Views)

Thanks Wen for taking the time to respond. I had seen that app note but even in that note you can see my issue. In the C code in the note the selftest function returns and INT so the user gets back the results of the test. In the C# code provided you can see there is nothing returned.

I ended up contacting NI and they helped me out. If the selftest fails it actually throws an excepting. So when you check for thrown exceptions using the "DaqException" class you will get a -200020 returned if there is a self test failure. So there is a means to check the test results but using the exception process as a test results return path is unique.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,962 Views)