Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO 9606

Dear all,

I am quite new with Labview and I have recently received a SB rio board 9606 +.

I followed the guidelines with respect to its setup but when I turned on the board, after some seconds, the led number still blicks twice per cycle.

I checked on the manual and i got :

"The device has detected an error in its software. This usually occurs when an attempt to upgrade the software is interrupted. Reinstall software on the device. Refer to the
Measurement & Automation Explorer Help for information about installing software on the device."

Besides I find it very strange for something brand new,  i could find anything there which guides me to solve my problem. How do i reinstall the software on the device?

Thank you for attention.

Regards,

Pedro Santos 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,292 Views)

Hi Pedro,

Two blinks is actually expected as the sbRIO-9606 as this behavior also means that software is not installed onto the device. The sbRIO-9606 does not ship from our manufacturing facility with software pre-installed to the target. This is because the end customer could have an older version of LabVIEW and would have to downgrade their software on the target anyway. 

Some of our newer CompactRIO targets have a better description for the two-blink behavior and I have filed a Corrective Action Request (CAR) #539477 to our documentation team to have this sbRIO's manual updated to make it more clear:

"The cRIO-9038 is in safe mode. Software is not installed, which is the factory default state, or software has been improperly installed on the cRIO-9038. An error can occur when an attempt to upgrade the software is interrupted. Reinstall software on the cRIO-9038. Refer to the Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Help for information about installing software on the cRIO-9038."

To summarize, this is expected, however, the user manual documentation in the sbRIO-9606 manual is not clear that two flashes also means software is not installed. I apologize for the confusion.

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,228 Views)