Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

range signal control

Hi everybody,
I just started using labview, but I would like to fix an electrical process I have in mind..
fortunately I have already solved some problems with my electrical process IN/OUTPUT from my new cRIO, but now I'm getting in trouble with another solution, this is the problem:

I have an electric signal (mA) from an analog input (AI) in the cRIO, and 2 valves to control through 2 different Digital Output (DO1 - DO2)

when the AI value is let's say 6, I have to give a signal to the DO1 but NOT to the DO2.  At that point I'm sure the value of my current (AI) will go down.

since the AI is greater than 5,  I have to give a signal to the DO1 but NOT to the DO2.

when the AI value is below 5, I have to NOT give a signal to the DO1 but YES give a signal to DO2

since the AI is below than 6, I have to NOT give a signal to the DO1 but YES give a signal to DO2

I mean, when the value from the AI is going from 6 to 5 , I have to give a signal to DO1 but NOT DO2, but when the value from AI goes on the other direction from 5 to 6, I have to give NOT a signal to DO1 but YES give a signal to DO2.

This is what I've done so far. (attached), I think the problem is more complicated than what I'm doing on my simple .vi

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,928 Views)

here again,

this is a new idea .vi I'm working on..

but the problem is that I still can not control the range as I've described.. 

Helps are welcome 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,901 Views)

Hi,

so if the input is greater than 6, DO1 should be on and DO2 should be off.

When the input is lower than 5, DO2 should be on and DO1 should be off.

When the input is rising from 5 to 6, DO2 should be on and DO1 should be off.

When the input is falling from 6 to 5, DO1 should be on and DO2 should be off.

Have I understood correctly?

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,896 Views)

Hi,
not exactly:

When the input is rising from 5 to 6, DO2 should be on and DO1 should be off.  BUT the input must be not higher than 6 or the signal to the valves has to change (DO1 should be on and DO2 should be off).

When the input is falling from 6 to 5, DO1 should be on and DO2 should be off. BUT the input must be not lower than 5 or the signal to the valves has to change (DO2 should be on and DO1 should be off).

thanks! 
bye

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,894 Views)

I think first of all I've to use the "derivative" concept and understand if the values are rising or falling ...

but what about the range then?
what about the limits of this range?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,883 Views)