Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"niHSDIO Get Session Reference.vi" equivalent in niHSDIO.dll

Does anyone know if there is a niHSDIO Get Session Reference function in the niHSDIO.dll?  I see a reference for a LabVIEW vi in the niHSDIO help file but nothing by the same name in the niHSDIO.dll.

Thanks for the help!

(Extra info: I need to get the session reference so I can pass it to TCLK.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,205 Views)

hch3,

I am wondering why the session reference is necessary for you? Ususally the associated task handle (ie. ViSession vi parameter found in most C function calls) provides access to any configurations/attributes ext for a given session. Also are you using the C API or .NET?

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,180 Views)

PeanutButterOven,

I'm actually working with the niHSDIO C# wrapper, which doesn't make the ViSession information available outside of the niHSDIO class.  However, through modifying the wrapper, I think I was able to get the information out.  I don't know what the actual session values look like though.  I know if you follow the definition of ViSession back to the header file where it's defined it is actually of type unsigned int or long.  When I look at the values for ViSessions I get when I create several Acqusition and/or Generation sessions, they are integers in increasing order i.e. 1, 2, 3, etc.  Does this sound right?

That being said, I'm not actually sure if I need this information.  I'm trying to synchronize two 6556 cards.  I'm going to start a separate thread on that because it is a different conversation.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,160 Views)

You are correct that about the values of ViSession, they are integers. I also believe that you are correct in saying that you do not need this information to sync two 6556 cards

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,156 Views)