cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"error out" not showing up as an output in sub-vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks:

This is probably more a basic LavView coding issue. I'm having a strange issue where Labview 13.0f2 is not presenting my "error out" sub vi as an output to continue my error bus chain. I attached the .vi for anyone who want's to take a look and point out the obvious to me. Keep in mind, I'm a LavView n00b so be gentle. This is a sub .vi that was written in DAQ, and I'm trying to port it to DAQ-mx. Feel free to give any feedback on the .vi as a whole.

Thanks.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,921 Views)
I can't look at it since I'm posting from my phone but did you actual wire the indicator to the connector pane? The icon/connector pane is visible in the upper right corner of the front panel. That should immediately tell you if you didn't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,918 Views)

Dennis' magic 8 ball is working.  You did not connect the error out to the connector pane.

By the way, you really should use the 4x2x2x4 pattern instead of a custom one.  It makes wiring a lot simpler and the VI is easier to expand.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,909 Views)

Yes, this is my problem. I've found this documentation addressing how to do this ....

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/selecting_a_connector_pane/

Only now when I right click on the ocon, either in the window of the upper right, or in the icon editing mode, I don't get a "Add Terminal" option. In icon editing mode, a right click over the icon results in a dot being drawn. And my terminal patter selection is very limited and it does not seem to include any terminals along the right hand side.

Sorry for being so dysfunctional here. What am I missing?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,907 Views)

Yes your are correct I can't find a "Patterns" option when I right click the icon per these instructions ...

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/selecting_a_connector_pane/

My listed options are ...

Vi Properties

Edit Icon

--------------

Find all instances

Vi properties seems to have no entries for editing the terminals or setting terminal patterns

Icon edit, will display the terminals, but I can't seem to figure out how to change them.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,905 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blah!

You don't right-click on the icon.  You right-click on the connector pane.  From there, go to Patterns and the 4x2x2x4 pane is in the bottom row, third from the right.  You will then want to reorganize where your controls and indicators are connected on the connector pane.  It is recommended that your error in is in the bottom left corner and your error out is on the bottom right corner.  Then inputs on the left, outputs on the left.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,904 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blah!

Okay, just in case someone else as dense as I am goes looking for this in the future, I found this very helpful.

http://labviewwiki.org/Connector_pane

Thanks for holding my hand, I'll close this out as soon as I make sure I have this issue closed. I was using the icon in the upper right hand of the block diagram window, not the control panel.

Sigh .....

Thanks.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,901 Views)