Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with digital samples of NI 9425 in windows 7 on usb 3.0 ports

I have a program in C that reads the digital samples of a device 9174 module 9425 in windows 7 x64 which has no problems with the USB 2.0 ports but with the 3.0. When I connect the device to a USB 3.0 port errors in the samples appear, are activated or deactivated lines uncontrollably. The PC is Artigo A1250, Drivers NI-DAQmx9.6
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,047 Views)

Hello Vic22,

Reviewing the NI 9174 specifications I found that the cDAQ is designed and tested to communicate with the USB 2.0, hence we cannot guarantee that it will work equally with 3.0. In this case I would recommend continuing using the USB 2.0 if it is possible. In the following link you can find more details regarding the specification of your DAQ chassis

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374045a.pdf  

Silvia J.

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,998 Views)

Hey vic22,

Sylvia is correct -- the 9174 has been thoroughly tested on the USB 2.0 standard.  But we still expect it to communicate properly with USB 3.0 ports.  We have seen a few cases in which specific host controllers cause unexpected behavior similar to what you describe, but in general, our USB devices are compatible with USB 3.0.

Of course, if sticking with a 2.0 port works for your application, that will be the quickest/simplest recommendation that we can make.  If you need to move your cDAQ to a 3.0 port, let us know -- there are some troubleshooting steps we can take to figure out why you're seeing errors.

There are some additional details in this somewhat related article.  Upgrading the drivers for your USB Host Controller might be worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,924 Views)