Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not sure my sensor is working

Hi all

How can i understand whether my sensor is generating signals or not?Cause i cannot receiev any signal via my DAQ

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,707 Views)
Since you posted to the digital I/O board, I'm assuming that the sensor is outputting a TTL signal. If it's changing slow enough, a DMM might detect the 0 or 5 volt levels. The best tool is an oscilloscope. Your school should have them in even a basic lab.

You should also attach detailed information on the sensor, your DAQ device, and how you've connected things.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,703 Views)

Yes it is a ttl signal when i wire it to osscilloscope i see a constant line on 5v.I wired it correctly because i got wiring information from authorized person of sensor.my daq is ni usb 6229 bnc.Shortly according to the sensor output signal should be square wave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,699 Views)
If you see a constant 5V, the sensor is not wired correctly, the signal you are trying to sense is not present, or the sensor is damaged. Since none of these problems are related to NI hardware or software, I'm not sure why you posted here. You haven't even provided the make and model of the sensor, the type of signal you want to sense, or even how you connected it. Post back once you have a working sensor and need help with your code. I would also suggest using a counter to measure a square wave if you are interested in measuring frequency but that is a discussion for later and probably in a new thread.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,695 Views)

Actually it is not exactly 5V fluctuating a bit but very small.I am providing the sensor and how i wired it., xample of labview i used count digital events pause trig but i have seen no data.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,688 Views)
You've just provided some colors. No pin numbers or names. No mention of the supply voltage, or much of anything. I would suggest you contact the sensor manufacturer or this authorized person that told you how to wire it. Maybe one of them can fill in the blanks and help.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,683 Views)

They sent me this picture. i wired signal cable to pfi4. supply voltage is 12V.resistance is 2.2k because sensor manufacturer said you have wire a pull up resistor as in the picture.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,675 Views)
No picture. What you wired to the DAQ card is irrelevant. You should have it disconnected and you should be looking at the sensor output. With no output and no DAQ connected, you should not be posting here and expecting help. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,672 Views)

Then teach me how to look without daq card, i am new in this kind of stuff.You always give instructions. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,668 Views)
You already know how to look with the scope.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,662 Views)