Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory usage of HSDIO PXI-6552

Hi,

I am temporarily using a 64Mb/channel HSDIO PXI-6552 to generate and acquire waveforms. Is there any way I can know how much percentage of memory has been used in the card?

Currently I am sending ~3.3 Million samples into each pin, altogether 10 signals as driving signals. My guess is that a 8Mb/channel card should be able to handle the task. It would be great if I can see the memory usage on the current 64Mb card so I can make the purchase decision.

Thanks a lot!
Jing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,662 Views)

jcao,

There currently isn’t a function that will return the available on-board memory during acquisition or generation.  You can accomplish this by using the Total Acquisition Memory Size property and keeping track of how many samples you have taken.

A good example to follow would be the Dynamic Acquisition of Large Buffer.vi in the LabVIEW example finder: Help >> Find Examples.

In this example they do a calculation to determine the total number of samples taken thus far.  This example might also be a good place to start if you are acquiring a Large Data set.  It will acquire the Digital Waveform in pieces and then save it to the hard drive. 

Also when acquiring data you can set the data width (size) of the sample according to this knowledge base article.  Based on this number you should be able to specify a data width that will allow you to utilize the 8MB/ch on the 6552.

I hope this helps!

Ryan N
National Instruments
Application Engineer
ni.com/support
Message 2 of 3
(3,642 Views)

Hi NI Folks,

I am not able to access the knowledge base article mentioned in this thread. Can someone help?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Laxman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,817 Views)