From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to use part of Port0 on a 6363 as line controlled and part as digital wave output?

I've filled the DIO on Port1 and Port2 of a PCIe and need to use port0 for both line controlled (toggle) and digital waveform output.  I'm using Measurement Studio 14 and C#.  I can make the call:

NITask.DOChannels.CreateChannel("MyMIO/port0/line8:11", "myTask",ChannelLineGrouping.OneChannelForAllLines);

and run the waveform without issue.  The problem is that the unselected lines are cleared.

I can kludge around the problem by maintaining the state of all lines on Port0 and accounting for them in the waveform.  That is kind of a pain, adds code, and I'm lazy.  Is there a way to isolate the wave to only the lines selected when creating the task?

Thanks,

Derek Hopkins,

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,367 Views)

Hello Derek,

Could you explain the impact of having the unused lines cleared in your program? I'm not sure I understand the impact that behavior is having on the system.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,352 Views)

The lines are not unused, but are unused by the digital waveform.  They are being set as individual toggle lines.

However, I'm having trouble repeating the trouble.  This may be a case of SUS (Stupid User Syndrome).  I will continue testing today and reply back if that is indeed the case.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,339 Views)