From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate a continuous ttl signal with a USB 6501

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I'm a beginner with LabView, so maybe my problem is very easy to fix.

I need to generate a digital output using a USB-6501. This TTL signal will then be used as switch for a device. Basically I need the digital output to be continuously at high TTL level until a user activated start is given. Then the digital output must stay at low TTL level until another user activated stop is given.

Does somebody have any suggestion of how to do this? I haven't managed so far to get anything different from a TTL high level from my usb 6501.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,744 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author minni

Hi there, take a look at the VI I'm attaching. You can find more information about the device in the manuals and on this forum. I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,728 Views)

the DO of your DAQ is an "open collector", tie a pullup 4.7Kohm to the DO and connect the other end of it to the 5Vdc output of the DAQ. in your vi, supply a lo(F) to it and you will see a lo ttl ouput, supply a hi(T) and it will pull up to the 5Vdc output.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,713 Views)

Many thanks. That helped a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,702 Views)

The example given is for Labview 9.0 ad above.  Do you have the example for labview 8.5?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,651 Views)

There you go! Smiley Wink

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,639 Views)

Here is how you would have it output continuously a 1 second TTL on a device like a 6508.

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,542 Views)