From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga to TTL Radio Module

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect an APC220 TTL Radio Module to a sbRio 9632. Currently, the one serial port is being used by another external device so I am trying to use the fpga rs232 example (using FIFO) and wiring DIO pins to the radio module to try and communicate. This doesn't seem to work and I can't see where to start in fixing the issue.

Am I using an alltogether wrong approach as I'm wiring TTL pins to the rio and running the Rs232 fpga example or is there something I need to adapt to get this to work?

I'm happy to respond with any further information that may be required.

Thank you in advance, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,146 Views)

Hi,

Single-board RIO 9632 DIO lines are TTL compatible so that shouldn't be an issue. Have you modifiend the example project in any way? Did you re-compile the FPGA code? Can you confirm that ir runs without any problems on the sbRIO side?

One thing to note also is that APC220's got an Enable terminal so you will neet so set it to over +1.6V or leave it disconnected. Also you should have the SET terminal which needs to be set to Digital HIGH as described in the following picture:

Mark N
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,092 Views)