Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital output to BNC-2110

Hello,

I am using example LabVIEW 8.5 code to try to send a digital pulse (0-1-0) to my BNC-2110 connector block. The system is a PXI chasis with an m-series 6289 input/output card.

I can't seem to find the digital pulse on my BNC-2110!

I know this is a silly problem, but could someone tell me where to look? Attached is a picture of my BNC-2110 and code.

Thank you,

Frenk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,660 Views)

Hi Frenk,

According to the code you sent the digital output you are using is the Port1/Line0. On the device it is under the header Trigger/Counters with the name PFI0/P1.0

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,577 Views)

Oh, I was looking under the wrong place, as I thought it would appear in the wire connectors above (Digital and Timing I/O).

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Could you give me an example of how I would change the digital output to be say PFI 1 in the Digital I/O connector block?

Thank you,

Frenk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,551 Views)
Just specify the correct line number. It's marked on the connector so I don't understand your confusion.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,540 Views)

Hello,

My confusion is with the labelling of the BNC-2110 connector block. Perhaps some of the labels are covered by the wire connector block.

For example, if I wanted the wire connector in the "Digital and Timing I/O" connector area that has "PFI 1/P1." to its left, would I specify the Digital Output as "Dev1/port1/line1"?

(I assume this as my current specification is "Dev1/port1/line0" and I have learned in these postings that led to the BNC connector labelled "PFI 0/P1.0" )

Thank you for the final clarification,

Frenk

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,532 Views)
Since the manual clearly shows the labels, you should have no confusion unless you refuse to read the documentation. Yes, you just need to specify line 1.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,524 Views)

Well, thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,498 Views)