Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital output in scan mode while measuring the voltage

I'm new to here, hopefully some one could give a hand. Thanks.

I have cDAQ platform (NI9178) with NI9403 & NI9222 modules. I need 6 lines of NI9403 as output for a scanner address (from 0 to 63 continuesly scan). Using one channel of NI9222 to measure the scanner voltage output. 

The scanner max speed is 45kHz. 

Please Help!!!

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,000 Views)

Hi Tscuw,

Would you be able to provide more information? What specifically is your question? If this is a "getting started" question, I recommend utilizing the NI example finder to find base code to start working off of.

Regards,

Regards,

Kristen M

Automated Test Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,972 Views)

Hi Kirsten,

I'm going to try to explain as detail as possible.

I have a ZOC33 scanner that measures 64 points of pressure (in voltage form). Address, from 0 to 63 should be sent to the scanner one at a time so that the scanner's multiplexer will switch to the proper pressure point.

I use 6 lines of NI 9403 outputs as address control while one channel of NI 9222 continuously collecting data.

In Create Channel vi, I select "one channel for each line" mode. A 2D array (6x64 size) is made to write them in Write vi (2D Boolean mode). I hope it will let the digital outputs continue cycle in hardware timing mode from 0 to 63. I just can't configure it right.

I kHz of digital scan rate was used.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,954 Views)
Attach your code or an image of the block diagram.

I'm not sure that a continuous scan will do you any good. The analog read will be asynchronous to the digital write.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,949 Views)