From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital input pin transition

I am in need a help fellow Labview users. I am using an external controller board with a digital pin that will used to synchronize thermocouple temperature measurements.

In doing this the following is the logic I am trying to implement.

1. Detect a low to high pulse transition
  2. Then, start a timer
  3. Detect, high to low pulse transition
  4. Then, stop timer
  5. Then record time delta

I am using a NI-6009 multichannel I/O module

I truly do appreciate help with this!

Lawrob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,510 Views)

This sounds like what you really want to use is a counter.  You can setup a Two-Edge Separation counter that will do what you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(5,497 Views)

Thanks for the response but I do not have a counter and only have the NI-6009 I/O module. Do I need a specific type of counter or equipment to do what you recommended?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,480 Views)

Actually, most NI DAQ devices have a counter.  In the case of the US-6009, it just counts negative sloped edges.  If you want to keep with USB, you should go with a USB-6210.  It has 2 counters on it that you can perform the two-edge separation measurement with.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,476 Views)