Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not load file or assembly 'nationalinstruments.DAQmx, version= 9.2.40.82

Hello,

I have a problem in my software deployment, using NIDAQ 6518.

I get the following message when i start my software on the deployment computer:

could not load file or assembly 'nationalinstruments.DAQmx, version= 9.2.40.82

On my development computer, I don’t have this problem.

By opening Measurement studio on my development computer, i find, in the software tab:

-          Measurement studio for VS2005.

-          Measurement studio for VS2010.

As you can see on this picture(SEE ATTACHMNET).

But on the deployment computer when I install NIDAQ923-1. I find only

Measurement studio for VS2005.

As you can see on this picture (SEE ATTACHMNET).

Please help me to install properly the correct version that will allow me to have Measurement studio for VS2010.

NB:

-on the deployment computer installed NIDAQ923-1.

-I use Visual studio 2010 to programming

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,719 Views)

Hello there,

Are you just trying to run an executable on the deployment machine, an executable which you created in Measurement Studio 2010 on your development computer? I just want to confirm whether or not you have an installer for this deployment, or a just copying and pasting the executable you created. As long as you are using an executable, and not actually running Measurement studio, the version of Measurement Studio installed on the machine is irrelevant, since you are not using the development environment.

The message that you are getting, “could not load file or assembly nationalinstruments.DAQmx, version= 9.2.40.82”, means that you do not have the correct version of the NI-DAQmx drivers (NI-DAQmx 9.2.3) installed on the deployment machine. Your executable needs the same version of NI-DAQmx installed on the machine you are running it on, as the machine it was developed on. Currently you have DAQmx 9.3 installed on your deployment machine, and are using DAQmx 9.2.3 for development. This message also points out to me that you developed in the .NET Framework 4.0, so I would also make sure that you have that installed on the development machine as well. 

So just to be clear, all you should have to do to get your executable to run, is make sure you have the same version of the NI-DAQmx drivers (9.2.3) installed as you developed with, and the correct version of the .NET Framework (v4.0).

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,695 Views)

Hello Matthew,

I have solved the problem. The version installed on the deployment computer is NI-DAQmx 9.2.3 and the .Net version is .net framework 4.0. I also installed ni-cdu265.exe.

Here is the procedure that allowed me to solve the issue:

-Launch Measurement &Automation,

- Go to the software tab

- Right click on software,

- Click on change / Remove software

- In DAQmx9.2.3 tab, go to application development support.

- Click on the .net Framework 4.0,

-  Choose Install this feature to local drive.

Thank you!

Alex Smail

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,670 Views)

I am glad you were able to fix the issue!

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,659 Views)