From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

binder convection oven talking with PC

Could anyone find out, if it's possible to talk to a binder oven via Labview and get parameters like temp. etc.?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(3,697 Views)

Hi,

I've got a Vi that proportedly will talk to and control a Binder oven. I'm waiting on the oven to arrive to check it out. I'll update when I know more.

Dr Phil

Message 12 of 28
(3,665 Views)

got some VI's from Binder too, but I can't test it without an oven...but it should be possible in principle ...

Message 13 of 28
(3,651 Views)

Hi guys!

Try to open Modbus connection in labview and send an message directly to a Binder Base Adress.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(3,575 Views)

Hi Guys,

I have a Binder MK240 oven here which I'm trying to get working with LabVIEW.

I contacted Binder asking for some sample VI but have received no reply.

Can you point me in the direction of where you got your VIs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(3,514 Views)

Hello Friends

Anyone has news about this topic? Somebody has an example in labview to communicate with binder ovens?

Best

cpalha

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(3,335 Views)

Hi cpalha,

I recommend trying to contact Binder.  If they have some existing code that is able to communicate with their device, then that will be your best bet.  One of the previous posts mentioned acquiring VIs from Binder so I think it would be worth your time.

Best Regards,

Michael B

Applications Engineer

Michael B.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(3,319 Views)

Hi Michael

Here is the binder answer after ask for a labview example:

"

Dear  Carlos,

all information we can give are in the PDF file.

Further information must be approved (if possible) by our development/management and has to be charged."

Many years ago I had a discussion with binder about the software.

I bought a binder (I think is normal), but prepared electronically to connect with computer. I don´t ask for this option but I payed. Then I saw the 25 pin connections I ask binder for what is this, they said that is for me buying their software to communicate with pc.

I don't agree with this kind of market, if you want, you pay. In this case you pay part of hiden option (electronic part) and then you need to pay more for the software.

That's why I like foruns we get/give help with no charges

Best

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(3,306 Views)

Hi Carlos,

I asked binder for the LabVIEW driver a few years ago and they emailed it to me without charge so it might be worth persisting with them. I'm not sure if I can forward it on to you without their permission though. Try the direct route first.

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(3,303 Views)

Hi,

I got the same problem with a Binder MK53 and they will not give me any drivers.

Has anybody a some Labview driver for Binder?

Thanks for the answer

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(2,271 Views)