From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire resistance value using usb 6501

I want measure a variable resistance value continuously for a LabVIEW program, what kind of daq card i want to use, and also i want control a stepper motor using same daq card
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,900 Views)

How quickly do you need to control that stepper motor?  How fast do you want to measure your resistance?  What is the range of the resistance you are going to measure?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,885 Views)

It is not possible to control a stepper motor directly with a DAQ interface. You wil need some additional hardware such as a stepper motor driver and a power supply for the latter. 

Once you selected a stepper motor driver unit, the control possibilities depend on the interface between the stepper motor driver and the control system. Some will need pulses for each step and a logic level for direction control (and with these you have to write your own accelaration and deceleration. Others use an advanced data protocol and you just have to transfer parameters for motion control. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,880 Views)
I need to rotate(sweep like a pendulum movement) a stepper motor between 0-9 degree, i have ni daq 6501 and ni softmotion software. Now what i have to do please help me
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,851 Views)
And what type of driver circuit i have to use?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,849 Views)

since you are obviously a newbie concerning stepper motors, reading some introductional papers might be helpful for you. 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4167/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,826 Views)