Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the NI9423 work with Sound and Vibration VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

Will the NI 9423 mounted on a cRIO chassis work with the NI sound and vibration VI's ?

I have a 10 -30 V 100 pulse/rev optical shaft encoder and would like to perform angle domain order analysis with it.

is the NI9423 a suitable card for this purpose or is something else better suited, I am open to changing the encoder type if needed. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,699 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bodger1968

Hi Bodger

What speed do you intend the shaft to rotate at? The switching speed of the module is able to switch extremely fast at 1uS. This means you should be fine unless you're rotating the shaft at a ridiculously fast speed of about 600000RPM. 

In terms of reading the signals with the sound and vibration VIs you should be able to do this using the digital tachometer functions. 

Many thanks 

Dan.H

NIUK Applications Engineering 

Daniel Harryman MEng
CLA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,682 Views)

Thank you Dan,

The shaft speed is only around 2300 RPM max so I think we have plenty of margin, thanks for the confirmation of the compatibility of the card and the Sound and Vibration VI's, I am very grateful to you.

Thanks Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,679 Views)

Hi Wayne

It's worth noting that many of the functions in the sound and vibration VIs are for analogue only inputs. Although it will work with some VIs and I think the ones you need it for, it will not work with every VI in the toolkit. 

Many thanks 

Dan

Daniel Harryman MEng
CLA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,676 Views)