Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FPGA Targets in a LabVIEW Project (FPGA Module)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to add an FPGA Target in the Local Development Computer according http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599H-01/lvfpgahelp/adding_an_fpga_target/

Here are the steps :

1. Create a new project or open an existing project.
  2. Right-click My Computer in the Project Explorer window and select New»Targets and Devices from the

But I do not find Targets and Devices in the menu New. I have only this window (see attached file).

Is there something to do before ? I have installed the FPGA module.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,339 Views)

Ok, I have the menu right now after installing RIO driver.

The problem is that the FPGA Target contains nothing to select. In fact, I have no physical card installed in the PC. I would like to simulate a FPGA.

See the attached file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,332 Views)

Many people here (including myself) do not open Word documents that are posted.  To many chances of viruses.  If you have a screenshot, post the actual image file (jpeg or png are perfered, bmp are disallowed).

Now, assuming you have the LabVIEW FPGA Toolkit installed, there should be an option to create a virtual device when creating a new FPGA target.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,326 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfla

Ok, but it is not necessary, I have found myself. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,321 Views)