From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CAN-bus on sbRIO-9626

Hi,

I'm very new to Labview, and now I'm trying to set up my sbRIO-9626 for testing and learning.

I want to use the CAN-bus, but when I add the sbRIO to my project I cannot find the CAN-folder that I see appearing in online examples. There is no option to add it under the FPGA Target->New-> menu either. 

I assume I'm missing software or something, can someone guess what I need to do?

I have installed "NI-CAN 2.6.3" on my computer, and also "NI-embedded CAN for sbRIO 1.0.2" on the 9626.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,417 Views)

The example that is installed with NI Embedd CAN for sbRIO is at the following location:

<National Instruments>\LabVIEW 2012\examples\NI-Embedded CAN for sbRIO

The CAN interface is selected at the Interface Index as shown in the examples. Be default, the onboard CAN port should be listed as '0'. You should only require the Embedded CAN driver and shouldn ot need the NI-CAN driver.

You also need to verify that the Embedded CAN driver is installed on the sbRIO.

sbRIO.PNG

Tannerite
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(7,407 Views)

Hi! I have a doubt about the software that I should install because I remove all software of my Sb 9636 and after I Select all the software that appeared in the selection boxes ( select the software set add-ons you want to install) and install .... Could you tell which is the software recomended to install in sb 9636 please...?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,214 Views)

Hi Crist_sosa,

When opening the Real-Time Software Wizard in MAX (clicking "add/remove software" for the target) you will be prompted to select a recommended software set (which can be modified in the next step) or start from a custom software installation.

Please install the latest NI RIO on your computer before installing or upgrading the software on the target. The installation media is available over NI Update Service or by following the link below:

NI-RIO Device Drivers February 2014 f1

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-13.1/4572/en/

Best regards,

Robert P-F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,167 Views)