Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit °C^-1

Hello,

in my VI I want to calculate the concentration of water with the help of this:

\frac{D_{\rm LF}}{\rm g/l} = \frac{a_0 + a_1 T + a_2 T^2 + a_3 T^3 + a_4 T^4 + a_5 T^5}{1 + b T}

And I want to match the right units. I know the temperature is "degC" but how can I commit the unit "1/°C" to LabVIEW, because the constants (a0, a1 ...) have this unit.

Can you help me?

Thank You

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,751 Views)

Hey DanielDerer,

to be honnest, I don't understand your request.

If you want to enter a0, a1, a2 ... on the frontpanel, you only need to create the correspondig controls. LabVIEW doesn't take units into account, if you make a mathematical calculation.

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,697 Views)

Hello Stephan,

I mean the units which you can display with a right-click. When yiou select "visible objects" you can choose unit. I can't write the unit 1/°C because there occurs a "?".

Do you know how to insert this unit?

Thank You

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,679 Views)
There is no such thing as 1/c units. The unit would apply to the c value.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,670 Views)

The units of the constants:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichteanomalie

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,660 Views)
I don't speak or read German and what I see in there it's referenced to T in degrees C which of course does have a unit.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,655 Views)

a1 = 16,952577 (°C)−1      =      a1 = 16,952577 1/°C isn't it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,639 Views)

in LV 2011 you have to write "degC^-1" instead of 1/degC. Also use multiplication (simple or compound arithmetic), square does not process units correctly.

You can use C, though it stands for Coulomb, but if you do not enter T in Fahrenheit and coefficients in 1/°C, it does not matter.

If you use consistent units or do not need Labview to check units conversion, I would use caption or numeric text formatting, you can enter °C for temperature or copy picture for complex units to make them look pretty.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,572 Views)

Hello Alexander,

thank you for your answer. Now I know how to do.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,556 Views)