cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6501 - cannot find a Labview basic example

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i recently bought a USB-6501 board and i used it in my own VisualC and C++ programs succesfully using the DAQmx drivers.

Then i tried to move to Labview 2009 (i never used Labview) so i searched for a simple example.

I tried to start from the example "interactive Control Panel" (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AF0F31EE5D2AD23F862573140009D7C2?OpenDocument).

I had to install the "DAQmx Base" to make it starts as described in the link before; now ti starts (before Labview tried to search for some missing .vi) but i receive a message "Error 200220 occurred at an unidentified locatio".

Then i realized that example it's "old" (as explained here: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=209247), and it's suggested to search for the new one in Example Finder "Hardware Input/Output->DAQmx->Digital Measurement (or Generation)->Read Dig Port.VI".

I tried it but in path "Hardware Input/Output->DAQmx->" only a folder named "Analog Measurement\Voltage" exists.

Also searching for "Read Dig Port.VI" didn't give any results.

I already spent many hours in this research and tries and the fact i'm not able to find no even a basic example it's quite frustrating and it's making me leave the idea to use Labview.

Can please anyone give me some suggestion where to find/download a simple, basic example to use my USB6501 in Labview 2009?

Thanks,

Scipione.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,236 Views)

One more note:

when i tried to use some example (like those attached here: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=70&message.id=9818&query.id=532561#M9818 ), Labview search (always unseccessfully) for some other .vi (in this case DAQmx Read (Digital Bool 1Line 1Point).vi)

Regards,

Scipione

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,235 Views)
Solution
Accepted by scipione

First of all, installing DAQmx Base was a mistake. Uninstall it and then install NI-DAQmx. The driver has to be installed after the installation of LabVIEW. After the installation, make sure that the device is listed in MAX under 'DAQmx Devices'. If it's not listed, then your installation is still not correct.

To look for examples for LabVIEW, go to Help>Find Examples. Under Hardware Input and Output>DAQmx, you will find Digital Generation and Digital Measurements. You need to look at the simple, software timed examples such as Write Dig Chan, Write Dig Port, Read dig chan, Read Dig Port. You also have the option of using the DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,229 Views)

Hi Dennis,

i applied your suggestion, but i had some problem with driver NI-DAQmx 9.02 (everytime i tried to install it, it makes Vista crash with blue screen).

So i used the NI-DAQmx 9.0, and now everythings works!

Thank you very much for you support.

Regards,

Scipione

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,189 Views)

Can some post a VI. Since many people are experancing the same problem. Guess what it is still a problem. I have wasted over an hour. Maybe I should have bought a different product. Very poor support. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,143 Views)

No folder in that location.

Under Hardware Input and Output>DAQmx, you will NOT-find Digital Generation and Digital Measurements. Using LV 15 installed NI-DAQmx 15. Very poor product support. Just post the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,137 Views)