From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6501 PROBLEM

I have some devices USB-9501 and almost work perfect but I have one that I need use the MAX to reset several times, befero that I have input signals but I didn't have any device conected, after reset the device with the MAX all the signals turn off

Some body help me please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,978 Views)

Most issues I have heard with USB instruments tend to be due to the USB hub being powered off due to a Windows "feature".  Go into the device manager and make sure the Power Management for each USB hub has this feature turned off.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(4,976 Views)

First, uncheck power savings in all the root hubs and USB hubs, then check the devices themselves.  Some have them, others do not.

Then try connecting the device directly to the PC and not through any hubs.  Some hubs are better than others, but if you can get that out of the picture, it'll tell you there's an issue with how you have USB devices connected.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,967 Views)

Hello,

I have an issue with USB-6501. I've created a simple .exe application to read and display state of digital inputs. It works as it should, on a computer, where the program was created. 

But when I move the USB-6501 to another computer and run the .exe program, no signal is displayed. 

Stromar89_1-1646827090113.png

In MAX all looks normal. 

Stromar89_0-1646826971113.png

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,386 Views)