Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6001 how to use?

Hi to all!

I am thinking on buying an USB-6001 module, but first I would like to emulate the adquisition system in my labview (2013).

Is there any manual about how to emulate this system and his variables? I would like to make some program first and tests inputs/outputs variables.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(8,525 Views)
In MAX, under Devices and Interfaces, you can right click and add a simulated device. MAX gets installed with the DAQmx driver.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(8,519 Views)

thanx Dennis,

Maybe is because my total ignorance or because I need any other software from NI, but I can´t insert the device.
I only have the possibility to add/remove software, you can see the tree in the image included.

Can you give me some more explanations or an example please? Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(8,496 Views)

Right-click on "Devices and Interfaces".  That is where you add the simulated devices.  Though, it looks like you also need to install DAQmx.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(8,488 Views)

Thank you! It works finally!!!! 

I have some other question please. How can I import this variables to the labview programe?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(8,476 Views)

I recommend you go through the examples that are in LabVIEW (Help->Find Examples).  Look for the DAQmx examples.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 19
(8,471 Views)
Be sure to check the Help to see the limitations of what you can do with a simulated device.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(8,460 Views)

Yes! I am trying to work with it. Sure I make some new questions before buying the device.

Thank you very much 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(8,457 Views)

Hi again,

As you can see in the image included, I think I´m doing something wrong in the simulation.

First of all I have included the NI USB-6001 device, but an exclamation icon apeared --> ¿Is this correct?

Then I simulate with the "Test panel" an analog signal in the first channel "Dev1/ai0".

At least, I extract "DAQmx Global Channel" from this first signal (Dev1/ai0), and taken to a string visualizator.

I think It should be very simple to manage this variables... Would you mind to help me again?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(8,425 Views)

Any help?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(8,381 Views)