Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle an ni 9481 output with labview 2011

Hello,

I have Labview 2011 and currently working on a simple temperature measurement system, using the ni cDAQ 9178, the ni 9211 and the ni 9481. If the measured temperature value passes a certain set point a LED must blink and at the same time an output of the 9481 should also "blink" (go on and off), activating an alarm sound with a certain frequency.

Can anyone help me with the programming of the 9481 output?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,933 Views)

Hi Soedarman

The NI 9481 is supported by NI DAQmx driver, this means that you can use any counter or digital output example to toggle the NI 9481.  I’ll recommend using counter output task to generate pulse train.

You can start programming the output of the NI 9481 from one of the counter output example VIs of LabVIEW 2011.

Remember that the NI 9401 can only perform one operation per second, this means that the maximum frequency you can set is 1Hz.

Here is an example of a counter output pulse generation.

Regards

Chris S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,910 Views)

@Soedarman wrote:

Hello,

I have Labview 2011 and currently working on a simple temperature measurement system, using the ni cDAQ 9178, the ni 9211 and the ni 9481. If the measured temperature value passes a certain set point a LED must blink and at the same time an output of the 9481 should also "blink" (go on and off), activating an alarm sound with a certain frequency.

Can anyone help me with the programming of the 9481 output?

Thanks.

• passes certain point? (greater or less than)
  • boolean shift register toggling every 100ms(true/false), once temperature past set point(true)...it is AND to make the led blink
  • both bools are arrayed to write to the 2 relays [ (a) toggles, (b) ON ]

Example_VI_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,903 Views)