Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TTL Triggering Camera

Hi! 

I'm trying to trigger a HS camera using myDAQ. At the moment I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just take a single picture that I've triggered using LabView.  I have the camera wired to the DIO and I'm using the DAQ assistant VI, but nothings happening.

Thanks!

Acolel 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,598 Views)

Hi Acolel,

You sent one of the DIO lines high and then nothing happened? What do you mean by nothing happened? Can you confirm the line went high without using the camera? I would suggest going into MAX and using a test panel to send a line high to see what your camera does. This will isolate this down to either a LabVIEW programming issue, a myDAQ issue, or a camera issue.

Regards,

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,578 Views)

Hey Bobby! 

So I used the DAQ Assistant with a single Digital line out. The thing is it'll work once, but if I try to run the program again it never works (unless I unplug the DAQ and plug it back in). I'm guessing I need to have something reset the DAQ at the end of the program? I tried just wiring a clear task and that didn't help. Ideally I want to put the trigger in a loop. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,398 Views)
After writing the line high, are you then writing it low? The device won't do this on its own. You have to set it.
Message 4 of 6
(5,393 Views)

That makes a lot of sense actually. So if I'm using DAQ assistant to send it high, how would I write it low?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,373 Views)
The exact same way you write it high with a second assistant though using the lower level DAQmx Write would be more efficient. You wire the task out of one to the task in of the next with a delay function in between using the Error out/error in connections. This will give you some control of the pulse width.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,370 Views)