cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus Response SR Block

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi in the article

http://sine.ni.com/np/app/main/p/ap/mi/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n17:mi,n21:155/fmid/2947/

on hi-speed digital ATE and stimulus response features, there is a good example of testing an SRAM I/C that is the closest example I have seen so far to what our application is using with the LabVIEW PXI chassis and 6555 HSDIO card for.

We would like to use the stimulus response with one datafile (which we are generating with Modelsim into VCD format and using the Digital Waveform Editor to convert to HWS format), and use the real-time hardware comparison method.

In this article there are some example screenshots of apparently working LabVIEW *.vi examples.

Questions:

1.  Is the source for these examples available?  We have found some example source for simple pattern generation and acquisition but not using the stimulus response approach that synchronizes the acquisition to the generation and uses the SR block to split up the datafile.

2.  What is the SR labview block called (Figure 4, block labeled Parse Data) and where is the documentation on how to load a HWS file into this auto-parsing step.

3.  Are there two separate waveforms (generate / acquire) that are loaded into the 6555 card's memory, or is it only one (stim/response)?

Our labview guy is asking me to generate two separate HWS files from our VCD file, but the way this article seems to be written is that it is really ONE waveform.

Thanks.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,790 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EdHopkins

Hi Ed,

1. I don't believe the source is available for these examples, but as far as I can tell, the SR block is the only thing that's missing.

2. The SR block is not a built-in function, but I've thrown something together real quick that should explain it.  It also shows how to load a HWS file to a Digital Data type.

3. There is only one waveform loaded into the 6555's memory, which includes both stimulus and response data.

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,751 Views)